Chocolate, pear and hazelnut is a (three way) marriage made in heaven… chocolate and pear always work, and the hazelnuts create a divine connection between the two flavours.
The added touch of the pear fan on top leaves the middle of this baked porridge gooey and moist, but still with the slight crunch of sweet roasted hazelnuts.
This is a delicious (and decadent) breakfast that will fill your kitchen with chocolatey, nutty aromas!
Chocolate, Pear & Hazelnut Baked Porridge
1/2 cup / 45-50g rolled porridge oats
1/2 cup / 120ml milk of your choice (for double decadence use chocolate milk!)
1 ripe pear
1/4 cup / 25g chopped, roasted hazelnuts (roast them on a tray for 10 minutes at about 180°C) plus extras, halved for the top
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder
tiny pinch salt
(optional: sweetener to taste e.g. tsp honey/sugar/syrup/sweetener)
1. Preheat oven to 175°C
2. Halve the pear. Dice half and peel the other half
3. In a medium bowl mix together milk and vanilla extract
4. Add the oats, baking powder, cocoa powder, salt and mix
5. Fold in the diced pear
6. Add any extra ingredients at this point (e.g. chocolate drops, sweetener)
7. Pour mixture into a sprayed ramekin/oven proof bowl
8. Thinly slice the peeled half to make a fan shape and gently push into the oat mixture
9. Sprinkle over a few more halved hazels
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes